Civil Engineering - Vision and Mission
The Civil Engineering department will attain global recognition as a Commendable centre for quality Engineering Education and Research; to equip the graduates to meet the sustainable development of Construction Industry for the betterment of the society.
- To provide quality education that will enable the graduates to successfully execute traditional and modern Civil Engineering Projects.
- To enable successful Professional Engineers or Researchers to meet the challenges of Construction Industry.
- To foster a spirit of services for the betterment of Civil Engineering profession and the Environment.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The graduates of this program after four to five years will,
PEO1: Succeed in their Professional careers as part of organization or as entrepreneur and/or pursue higher studies and research in advance areas of Civil Engineering.
PEO2: Exhibit ethical attitude, professionalism, effective communication skills as individuals and/or in multi disciplinary teams and adapt to the latest trends by pursuing lifelong learning.
PEO3: Implement solutions with safe and economical consideration for societal problems using professional knowledge.
Programme Outcomes and Program Specific Outcomes (POs and PSOs)
Program Outcomes as stated by NBA: Engineering Graduates will be able to
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reachingsubstantiatedconclusionsusingfirstprinciplesofmathematics,naturalsciences,andengineeringsciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes
Graduates of Civil Engineering at the time of graduation will be able to
PSO1: Apply knowledge of materials, methods, equipment, planning and safety aspects in completing projects effectively within the stipulated period and funds.
PSO2: Conduct Site investigation, Plan, design and execute construction projects abiding ethical and legal regulations and aligned with latest technology.
PSO3: Investigate and Design the structural, sanitation, communication, public facilities and necessary infrastructural requirements for the development of cities.
PSO4: Implement multifaceted techniques using relevant software tools in thrust areas and emerging fields for
various applications in Civil Engineering.